Italy, with its natural wealth and beauty, and its over 7,400 km of coastline offers perfect destinations where you can spend unforgettable holidays with the whole family, with friends or in couple.
Our peninsula is, in fact, punctuated by romantic beaches where you can spend summer holidays 2019 high rate of emotions immersed in the natural contexts unique to enjoy the endless days with your better half between the sun, the sea, the sunsets and starry nights.
Some examples of that? The picturesque beach of Riomaggiore in the Cinque Terre in Liguria, a magical place where to be seduced by the magic of picturesque landscapes, or the Bay of Portonovo in the Riviera del Conero, a natural paradise where lush nature as far as the coast.
Other perfect beaches where you can spend fantastic days to two are those of the Island of Palmarola, a place uninhabited and wild, and where to enjoy the tranquillity and breathtaking scenery, or the beach Arcomagno, in Calabria, a destination of unique charm.
Then, if you want to experience the thrill of enjoying a few days in a natural environment similar to that of French Polynesia, without having to deal with a long air travel, opt for the beach of Cala Brandinchi in Sardegna, a sort of earthly paradise.
Discover, then, the beaches, the most romantic of Italy where to enjoy unforgettable holidays as a couple, and lots of advice on where to sleep:
- The beach of Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre
- The bay of Portonovo-Conero Riviera
- The beaches of the Island of Palmarola, Lazio
- Beach Arcomagno, Calabria
- The beach of Cala Brandinchi, Sardinia
1 – the Beach of Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre
Among the beaches the most romantic of Italy where enjoy a wonderful holiday at two immersed in a natural context and landscape, there is the small coastline of Riomaggiore, an ancient ligurian village that forms the most eastern of the Cinque Terre.
The beach of Riomaggiore can be reached in just a few minutes walk from the picturesque centre of the village and is located close to a steep rocky coast, the ideal place to enjoy a bit of privacy and relaxation. This small beach is composed of pebbles and is bathed by a clear sea and perfect to engage in snorkelling.
After a lot of sun and sea, is recommended for a romantic walk along the spectacular Via dell’amore that connects Riomaggiore to Manarola view of unforgettable views on the sea and on the coast. A perfect location to declare eternal love and make the moment immortal with a selfie super “instagrammabile.”
- Because it is ideal for couples: the beach is not easily accessible and there are children screaming, and is enveloped in the total peace and seclusion.
- Where to sleep in Riomaggiore: Hotel Two Twins, a comfortable hotel located on the hill above the village from which to enjoy breathtaking views, or the Hotel Villa Argentina, a modern hotel which offers sea view rooms with balcony and a sumptuous breakfast buffet.
2 – the Bay of Portonovo-Conero Riviera
Another one of the beaches in Italy’s most romantic is that of the Bay of Portonovoin the heart of the Riviera del Conero, south of Ancona.
This beach is considered the jewel of the Conero Regional Park and offers an uncontaminated and wild nature, where the mediterranean pushes up the beach consists of white pebbles smoothed by the water.
Along the beach of the Bay of Portonovo is possible to admire the ancient Tower of Guard erected in the ‘700 and the Napoleonic Fort , which testify to the strategic role played by this coast at the time of the Turkish invasions.
Walking towards the south end of the beach you encounter, also, the romantic church of Santa Maria di Portonovo, a magic place where to spend the sunset before to treat yourself to a delicious seafood dinner in one of the many restaurants along the coast.
- Because it is ideal for couples: the possibility of romantic excursions in the surrounding nature to hunt for breathtaking views of the sea.
- Where to sleep near the Bay of Portonovo: Hotel victoria, a hotel with all the comforts and located in a sixteenth-century building in the centre of Ancona or Hotel Fortino Napoleonico is a beautiful structure made in the fort on the beach of the Bay of Portonovo where you can dine on a beautiful terrace overlooking the sea.
3 – Beaches of the Island of Palmarola, Lazio
You want to spend summer break with your sweetheart, surrounded only by the sea and nature? The Theonly of Palmarola, off the coast of lazio with its beautiful beaches and natural caves, is the perfect destination for you.
This islet, the smallest and the most wild of the Pontine Islands is located 10 km from the island of Ponza and is totally uninhabited, a true paradise for couples in search of intimacy and total relaxation. The only activity on the island is a restaurant that also offers rooms for sleeping.
The whole coast of Palmarola offers beaches, bays, coves and ravines where the sun and scuba dive in total peace and seclusion. Among the areas most spectacular of the island off from the world and from time there are the Cathedral, a set of caves that form arches to sixth acute, which seem to be man-made, the Caves of the Cat that are home to a source of fresh water and are visited by boat, the Galleys, or of the rocks of obsidian, a black stone smooth and transparent, glass-like, and the Cala Brigantina , where they took shelter the boats of the pirates.
Then if you want to try a trekking route with a high rate of emotions, follow the Path faraglione di San Silverio, once you reach the top you will enjoy a breathtaking view.
- Because it is ideal for couples: for total privacy due to the absence of structure of accommodation of every type.
- Where to sleep on the Island of Palmarola: the only structure present on the island, the bar and restaurant, O French, who also rents spartan rooms.
4 – Beach Arcomagno, Calabria
The beach of Arcomagno in Calabria is another of the beaches in Italy’s most romantic place to live exciting days of a couple of sun, sea and beautiful views.
This incredible beach, which can be considered a real wonder of nature, is situated near to San Nicola Arcella is a small and picturesque village along the Riviera of the Cedars in the Gulf of Policastro, just a few kilometres to the north of Scalea.
The beach Arcomagno is like a small bay surrounded by high rocky walls which is accessed via a steep path or by sea.The coast consists of fine sand mixed with pebbles of granite, and in the evening you can admire through the rock arch to the spectacle of the sun disappearing in the sea tingendolo of red. A moment super romantic and unforgettable!
- Because it is ideal for couples: is a place of calm, away from the hubbub of the coast and of the establishments and offers a unique natural environment.
- Where to sleep near the beach Arcomagno: Hotel Villa Principe, a refined structure by the sea that offers an a la carte restaurant or the Arcomagno Village Hotel Club is a hotel near the coast, nestled in a beautiful park with private swimming pool.
5 – the Beach of Cala Brandinchi, Sardinia
The beach of Cala Brandinchi in Sardegna is another perfect destination to spend a fantastic summer holiday in the pair.
This magical place, dubbed the small Tahiti, is located along the north-eastern coast of Sardinia, in the municipality of San Teodoro and offers a coastline composed of white sand and end lapped by a transparent sea and shallow waters.