For lovers of amusement parks and animated movies, Disney World, located Orlando Florida, is an almost obligatory stop. It is different from all the other parks of the world, in fact, extends over a vast area, rich in infrastructures, that wind both on land and on the water, which will allow you access to the real realms of fantasy themed in a different way.
In a few days you will be able to: become part of a movie as a stuntman, fly into space, go around the world, enter in the castle of Cinderella, go on a safari with the animals and swim in the barrier reef. All this and much more is possible at Disney World! For the amount of places to visit and for the high turnout of the amusement park, plan a trip with the family in this fabulous place may not be easy, but don’t worry, at the end of this reading you’ll be a super expert on the topic, and you’re ready to book a fantastic adventure.
Here is our complete guide to the amusement parks of Disney World Orlando, including maps, description of attractions not to be missed, info, to book and buy tickets, travel and offers.
- What is Disney World?
- The history of the park
- By that age you can visit
- Disney World Orlando: Magic Kingdom
- The map
- How to get
- Disney World Orlando: Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The map
- How to get
- Disney World Orlando: Epcot
- The map
- How to get
- DisneyWorld Orlando: Animal Kingdom
- The map
- How to get
- Disney World Orlando water parks
- The map
- How to get
- Disney World Orlando: how to organize
- The times
- Visit times
- Tickets: how to save and how to book them
- How to avoid the queues
- Services for the disabled
- How to get to Disney World Orlando
- Where to sleep? Hotel and resorts nearby
- Packages flight and hotel
What is Disney World?
Surely you’ve heard of Disneyland Paris, the only Disney park in Europe where you can go to a fairy world and meet all the most famous characters of walt disney feature animation, but perhaps you do not know that the american giant has other themed resort spread out over several continents. In particular, the most ambitious project of Walt Disney, the park was american, with headquarters in Orlando, Florida. It all started from his revolutionary ideas and with the various extensions, susseguitosi over the years, it has become a complex dedicated to entertainment, the largest in the world. Covers 121 square miles and includes:
- 5 parks traditional;
- 2 water parks;
- lakes and woods;
- golf courses;
- much more.
The history of the park
Disney World is the second park created by Walt Disney, who unfortunately could not attend his inauguration in 1971, because he died in 1966. The insight came when he saw his sons play in a park alone, while the adults looked at them from afar, so she thought of a way for them to enjoy with the whole family.
The first Disney park was built in Los Angeles and was opened in 1955, but Walt had a more ambitious project, he decided to buy various wetlands around Orlando to create a real world of fantasy. The first park that came to life was the Magic Kingdom but he had already planned Epcot, which would have been a hotbed of new ideas to improve the existence of man in his future.
Even if it is often a reference to the complex of parks located in Florida, calling it Disney World, in fact his full name is: Walt Disney World, so he decided Roy Disney, in honor of his older brother, to remind everyone that he was the creator of this dream.
By that age, you can visit Disney World
If you want to visit Disney World Orlando with your family, make sure that your children are not too small, the right age to deal with most of the attractions is 4-5 years, as many of the rides have a restriction on height, which should reach at least the 80 – 110 cm. If you want to be sure, however, that your children can have fun at 360 degrees, also facing the rides more thrilling, and with a setting more dark without being scared, better to wait for 8 years.
In case you have children under the age of 4 years but have decided to still go to the park, however, do not worry because the hotel offers many services that will make magic to your holiday:
- free rental of strollers with one or two sessions, these, however, must be left out from the attractions in the appropriate “parking”;
- areas specifically designed for: relaxation, changing diapers and breastfeeding;
- service, Baby Switch, present in many attractions where children cannot enter, and allows the parents, in turn, to take advantage of the carousel without having to redo the tail.
Disney World Orlando: Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom is the heart of Diney World, was the first park to be built, was opened in 1971. Currently holds many of the attractions like: the cups of the Mad Hatter or the carousel is dedicated to Dumbo, the little elephant is flying. If you’ve never been to a Disney park you must visit, here you will be able to touch with hand the universe of the cartoons that you’ve always loved, not for nothing that this area is present in all parks throughout the world. Magic Kingdom is perfect for younger children who can meet their heroes in flesh and bones, and to see them all together pull in the wonderful parades. The symbol of the park is the castle of Cinderella that lies in the center of the same.
Map Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom is divided into 6 areas, each characterized by a particular theme:
- Main street U. S. A, is the way that lets you access the world of the fantastic, the buildings are in the style of America in the ’20s;
- Fantasyland, the land of imagination, where they come to life fairy tales, the most classic of the Disney;
- Adventureland, a mysterious place and full of activities where, at each step, you can make an amazing discovery;
- Frontierland, the land of the cowboys where to explore the canyon on steep slopes and take a trip on an old boat;
- Tomorrowland, the city of the future where you can travel in space and discover planets in the unexplored;
- Liberty square, the area in the theme of colonial America, is home to replicas of the Liberty Bell and the Liberty Tree, a symbol of american independence.
Attractions of the Magic Kingdom
The attractions in the Magic Kingdom are numerous, all well-kept in detail and full of surprises. To get more quickly from one area to another, you can also take the train on the Walt Disney World Railroad , which departs every 20 minutes and makes several stops. The 6 areas are full of rides suitable for children of all ages.
At Fantasyland you can find:
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant, for a ride on the back of the cute little elephant is the steering wheel;
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, the reckless train that will take you to the mine of the 7 dwarfs;
- the castle of Cinderella that is waiting for you, also alone, to make a beautiful photo memory.
Absolutely not to miss are the many dark ride attractions, where you walk on a small path in the dark, the most beautiful are:
- Peter’s Pan Flight, in which flying in the night with Peter Pan;
- It’s a Small World, in which to make a trip around the world with a nice background music;
- The Many adventures of Winnie the Pooh, to follow the bear with the red shirt in the forest of 100 Acres;
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid, to go to the bottom of the sea with Ariel and her friends.
If you love the adventure, instead, explore Adventureland and Frontierland where you can’t miss:
- Jungle cruise, a boat trip inside of a river populated by lots of animated animals, the person driving the boat always involves the passengers with jokes and stories funny;
- Pirates of the Caribbean, the attraction that inspired the saga of Jack Sparrow, where you can live the adventures of the buccaneers;
- Big thunder Mountain Railroad, where you can take a grand canyon at full speed;
- Splash Mountain where you’ll encounter a river full of twists and turns.
In Liberty Square you can visit a haunted house with ghosts, the Haunted Mansion, only join if you are not afraid.
To Tomorrowland impress in front of the sights in space: you can go around between the galaxies and the planets with the launched coaster, indoor, Space Mountain, and relive the adventures of your favorite heroes with: Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin , and the shows interactive Moster Inc. The Laugh Floor and Stitch”s Great Escape.
How to get to the Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom is located to the north of the area of Disney World, close to two lakes, the correct address is: 1180 Seven Seas Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, you can set it on the navigator to reach your destination with ease. However, it is very easy to move around in the area of the Disney parks, thanks to the numerous infrastructure and clear signage. You can park your car in the area 1 km away from the entrance, near the ticket office. From here, surpassed the controls of the rite, you can take a train that will bring you closer to the park. The latter is reached by climbing on a monorail or on a boat. If you do not have a car, there are shuttles departing from the hotel to Disney, and those in the vicinity that will take you directly to the park.
Disney World Orlando: Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the park ‘s smallest, as a surface, from among those present at Disney World, but it is still full of emotion and special effects. It was opened in 1989, before it was called Disney -MGM – Studios, he has a twin sister to Disneyland Paris. Crossing the entrance you will be catapulted into the world of cinema, where you will be the protagonist of the story:
- you will be able to participate in the filming of a show;
- become a stuntman and face companies ever seen;
- discover what is behind the films the most famous of the Disney.
The extensions which it has undergone over the years have been:
- in 1994 it was built to its rider tip: Tower of Terror, which has become the symbol of the park;
- in 2008, there was the expansion dedicated to Pixar;
- in August 2019 will be inaugurated on an area that is totally dedicated to Star War‘s, that fans of the saga are waiting for you with a great deal of impatience.
The map of Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios you can easily visit in a day, not being very large, is divided into 6 different areas:
- Hollywood Boulevard, is the entrance hallway in the fantastic world of the cinema is decorated in Art deco style such as the Mann’s Chinese Theater where they are delivered every year, the awards the Oscar to the best film;
- Echo Lake, is the central area of the park with a small pond in which there is a green dinosaur, is surrounded by various theatres, stage shows and interactive;
- Sunset Boulevard, is an area dedicated to shops and restaurants set in the Hollywood of the ’40s, hosts the most thrilling of the park;
- Grand Avenue, inspired the homonymous street of Los Angels, here you can meet the Muppets and seeing them at work in many shows;
- Toys Story Land, an extension of the 2018 dedicated to children, you will also feel you are a toy entering a world where everything is huge;
- Animation Courtyard, the basic idea of this area is to show the behind the scenes of the Disney movie.
Attractions in Hollywood Studios
The park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as the name suggests, is dedicated to the world of cinema, then, many of the attractions are made up of large halls where you can attend screenings in 4D and special effects. There are also roller coaster rides and adrenaline, those not to be missed are:
- Tower of Terror, an abandoned hotel where you can expect an amazing adventure with falls from heights of breathtaking;
- Rock’n’roll Coaster Aerosmith, a reckless roller coaster in the dark with, in the background, the songs of Aerosmith.
In the park there was already an attraction dedicated to Star Wars, Star Tours 2011, it had become 3D, but the 29 August 2019 , will be inaugurated an area totally dedicated to this saga which will include:
- Millenium Falcon Smugglers Run, a simulator of the space ship faster than the galaxy;
- Star Wars Rise of the Resistance, one show interactive where you can attend a battle against the first order.
How to get to Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is located just south of Disney World, not far from Epcot, its precise address is: 351 S Studio Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, you can type in on your browser in case you have decided to rent a car to tour the United States. You can easily reach the park thanks to the numerous infrastructure and clear signage. You can leave your vehicle in the dedicated parking, but if you move by public transport there are various shuttles available to the hotel to reach your goal.
Disney World Orlando: Epcot
Epcot, an acronym for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, opened in 1982, after the annexation of a large area of the complex of Disney World, in fact, its surface is twice that of the Magic Kingdom. Walt Disney was very much linked to innovation and research of new solutions for the world of the future, for this thought, already in the years’60, to an area, dedicated to space exploration and technology. The initial idea was a teaching area, a sort of a permanent tradeshow with the latest innovations on the market; unfortunately, over the years, this concept was changed and the park was transformed into something that the tourists would have enjoyed more easily.
Epcot is divided into two distinct parts that are open in two different moments of the day. In the morning, only the area called Future World is accessible, in this you will be able to admire the evolution of man and all his technological achievements. In the afternoon you will visit the World Showcase where they are rebuilt to the most famous monuments of the 11 countries of the world, the whole is set around a huge lake. In this way you will be able to do a lap of the globe in a few hours and you will be invested by the tastes and scents distinctive to every place.
The attractions of Epcot
The attractions of Future World are not to be missed:
- Mission Space, here, you’ll be trained like a real astronaut for the mission on Mars, everything is made as realistic as possible, for this reason we do not recommend the climb to those who suffer from the heart or has problems with the cramped spaces and loud noises;
- Spaceship Heart, has an office inside the large silver sphere, the symbol of Epcot, is a journey through the progress of the man with many animatronici;
- Soarin, a fantastic trip, suspended in the sky, with the opportunity to see spectacular views;
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends, also suitable for small children, you will descend into the depths of the sea to live the adventures of Nemo and his friends.
With regard to the part of the World Showcase, the advice is to relax by taking a walk around the lake and visit the places that are very far away from the our nation, such as: temples, asian structures in pre-columbian central America. You can make a jump in Italy, which is represented with monuments of Venice.
How to get to Epcot
Epcot is located in the southern part of Disney World, the exact address of the location is: 200 Epcot Center Dr, Orlando, FL 32821, you will be useful in case you have decided to rent a car, this way you can set it on your gps to find the park, which will be simple thanks to the numerous infrastructure and the signage is very clear. In case you have not still have the tickets you need to go into the area of the ticket office, which is located further north, near the Magic Kingdom.
You should then leave the car there and move with the trains and the boats placed at the disposal of the park. If instead you have decided to move with public transport, you have to know that all the hotels and resorts in the area provide a bus to reach the area of Disney World.
Disney World Orlando: Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom is the newest of Disney World, which opened in 1998, focuses its attention on the nature and the animals, exotic and fantastic, in fact, his symbol is a huge Baobab tree, dubbed the tree of life, which stands in the centre of the park. You will find yourself in front of a real zoo that houses more than 300 species of animals. This is the largest park of all, in fact, covers 200 acres, a considerable part of its surface, however, is intended for the safari zone where you can observe the species in their natural habitat. In 2006, it started its makeover, which has seen the introduction of new attractions, to make it more interesting to the boys and to adolescents.
Map Animal Kingdom
Anmal Kingdom is divided into 7 areas:
- Oasis, is the first that you’ll encounter after passing the entrance, visitors already see the first animals;
- Discovery Island, an island where is located the great Baoab artificial symbol of the park, is surrounded by a navigable river;
- Pandora – The World of Avatar, is the area most new, opened in 2017, dedicated to the majestic film directed by James Cameron in 2009;
- Africa, inspired by the homonymous continent, is home to many of the animals most beloved by children, such as: elephants, giraffes, tigers and lions;
- Rafiki”s Planet Watch, it is a zone outside the park can only be reached by a train from the Africa, is a refuge for the monkeys in the film the Lion King, its purpose is to raise awareness of the new generations in the protection of species at risk of extinction;
- Asia, here you can see a reconstruction of mount Everest, water courses and even a real village;
- Dinoland U. S. A., an area designed for animals now extinct, which, however, are much loved by the children: the dinosaurs.
Attractions at Animal Kingdom
At Animal Kingdom the main attraction are the animals, the park is designed for children and adults who love nature, if you are also among these, you will not be able to miss the Kilimanjaro Safari, which is located in the africa, is a real safari aboard a jeep with open windows to admire the most of all the species present in the area.
This park, however, also features activities for those who love the rides the most classic, such as the roller coasters or shows are interactive, those not to be missed are:
- It’s Tough to be a Bug, it is located close to the tree of life, is a representation in which are projected 3D movies accompanied by animatronici, its purpose is to give relevance also to the smaller animals, i.e. insects;
- Dinosaur, an attraction in which go back in time and meet the huge reptiles, the gloomy atmosphere might scare the children;
- Kali River Rapids, where you will be able to deal with a river full of sketches and unexpected;
- Espedition Everest, a roller coaster full of twists and turns that climbs up the splendid snowy heights;
- Avatar Flight of Passage, is placed in the area dedicated to Pandora, in this attraction, thanks to augmented reality, you’ll be able to fly with the Banshee.
How to get to Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom is located in the south-west of Disney World, the exact address is: 2901 Osceola Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32830, you can set it on the navigator of the vehicle to easily reach the park. This has a dedicated car park not far from the entrance that can be reached by foot, alternatively, to enter you can hop on a train or on a boat. If you wish to travel on public transport because you don’t have a drive, there are shuttles that depart from every hotel in the area, not only Disney.
Disney World Orlando water parks
Although Florida is full of water parks, because of the mild climate throughout the year, Disney World has thought of introducing a well 2 in its bid, these are very particular, especially thanks to their locations unique:
- Typhoon Lagoonopened in 1989, is a tropical island that has just been hit by a hurricane, which has devastated the landscape, in fact, you can even see a ship that was catapulted up to the top of a mountain;
- Blizzard Beachopened in 1995, is instead, to paraphrase his name, a beach hit by a storm from the ice age. Legend has it that a cloud crazy was covered with snow, the land of Disney, for this reason it was decided to build a ski resort in that area. The weather, however, was short-lived, so that all the existing structures were converted into a water park that he is currently immersed in a glaciated landscape.
These parks are much smaller compared to the others at Disney World, so they can be visited in half a day.
Map water parks
At the center of Blizzard Beach is located an immense snow-covered mountain from which radiate the various slides, either open or closed. Wherever you will you shoot you’ll see mountains of snow, despite the presence of the numerous swimming pools, parasols and palm trees. Around the perimeter of the park there is a lazy river to go with the jacket.
Typhoon Lagoon, however, has, at the center, a huge wave pool, and behind it stands a mountain called Mount Mayday, upon which, immersed in the vegetation, are hidden numerous water slides, more or less tortuous. Also in this park there is a lazy river that surrounds it, along with great bagels, to relax in peace.
Attractions of water parks
In the water parks of Disney World you can take the sun and relax, or we can throw you down from the slides, daring, in addition to this, however, there is not much else to do. The attractions of the tip of Blizzard Beach are:
- Summit Plummet, a water slide that mimics an olympic trampoline, is 36 meters high and is dedicated to the visitors of the most courageous, because it reaches the speed of 60 km/h;
- Teamboat Springs, a water slide, which winds in a sort of bob run, where it descends with huge rafts-round, suitable for all the family.
Attractions at Typhoon Lagoon include:
- Crush”n Gusher, on dinghies, round us throw you in a river full of spurts and rapid, reaching the swimming-pool final;
- Shark Reef, a spectacular opportunity to swim above the reef; you will be provided instructions and snorkels to closely observe the fish and the colourful corals of this unique natural environment. The water is very cold and you should also ask for a life jacket to stay afloat, to those who are not able to swim.
How to get to the parks
Typoon Lagoon is located to the south-east of Epcot, his address is: 1145 East Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830. Blizzard Beach is located between Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and his address is: 1534 Blizzard Beach Drive, Orlando, FL 32836. You can reach them easily with your means by using a browser, or by following the clear signage and located in the infrastructure that meander through the complex of Disney World. Each park has its own parking, but if you prefer public transport you will have at your disposal: shuttles, boats and trains, to reach them without a car of their own.
Disney World Orlando: how to organize the experience
The park Disney World is a giant fun, for this reason, it is impossible to find a period in which it is totally blank, just think of that hosts 20,000 visitors a year but, with some forethought you can make the most of your visit. The first rule to follow is to organize, never go without having planned it, even only in part, your day. In addition, you must always have a “plan B”, when it happens a time when all the attractions are full and the hot weather it really makes you feel. For this reason, the council is to make a list of what you don’t want to lose, and understand a pause in cool environments and indoors, such as shows or theatres interactive.
If you have children also:
- do wear them with a hat and dark glasses, to protect them from the sun;
- brought always a return, to use after the attractions of “wet”;
- put it in your bag some snacks for hunger pangs sudden and bottles of water because the public fountains are not very in sight.
Also, try to get to the park with the ticket already, so you can avoid the first queue of the day, finally take the maximum advantage of the Fast pass, continue on reading to know what it is. In case you have in mind to participate in exclusive events, prenotali first, so you can have a reserved seat.
Walt Disney World is open all year round, depending on the period you choose to visit the park and want to explore the times vary:
- in high season the resort is open from 9.00 to 24.00, with majestic fireworks or shows for the end of the day;
- in low season the closing time is anticipated at 17.00 or 18.00;
- keep in mind that, usually, the water parks and bolt their doors before the others.
The advice is to always consult the official site and see the hour of opening and closing relatively to the days when you have scheduled your visit. Here you can also see all the schedules of the shows and attractions that are not currently available.
If you want to visit all the Disney parks, you need to have a bit of time, in fact some of them, because of their extension, should be explored in more than a day. So to take full advantage of the services that Disney World has to offer and immerse yourself fully in a magical atmosphere, the council is to plan a vacation is from 3 to 7 nights for a full immersion experience in the resort.
In case you have less time, the minimum to dedicate to each area is:
- a day and a half at Magic Kingdom;
- a day and a half to Epcot;
- a day for the Studios;
- one day for Animal Kingdom;
- two half-days to take a dip in the water parks;
Tickets: how to save and how to book them
Tickets to the parks of the complex to Disney World in Orlando are very expensive, you are talking about 70-80 dollars per day, but you can save money by purchasing before, maybe online, in fact, the rates vary as those of the aircraft flights, and then anticipate at least 30 days is a winning move. The offers are different, choose the one that best suits your needs. Know, also, that the longer your stay in the park and more daily admission will cost less.
There are 3 types of tickets, in addition to the annual subscription:
- 1 Park per Day, is a pass to enter only one park per day, excluding those in water, not including the cost of the parking;
- Ticket With Park Hopper allows you in the same day to move to different parks and take advantage of the various parking areas in an unrestricted manner;
- Ticket With Park Hopper Plus, in addition to entrance into all the parks for a day, it also opens the doors of Blizzard Beach and Typoon Lagoon or another special experience, as a game in the exclusive golf course or mini golf.
How to avoid the queues
If you can choose, do you prefer to visit the park in low season, excluding the christmas holidays and the summer months of July and August, opt, rather, for the period subsequent or previous to the long bridges of the holiday.
The best days to go to Disney World are those in the middle of the week, from Tuesday to Thursday, are to be avoided, instead, the weekend and Monday, in which the crowding is greater.
Other tips do not meet the file are:
- arrive early at the park, at least half an hour before opening, so you’ll be one of the first to enter and you can take advantage of the attractions in tranquility;
- went to the rides the most popular, which are usually also the most crowded during thelunch hour , or when there are the parades, you’ll find the waiting time less;
- many attractions have service Fast Pass, we recommend that you use this service because it is included in the cost of the ticket. This allows you to reserve the entrance to the carousel through the app of the park, so that you can access them without waiting in line. You will be assigned a specific time in which to go, the lane is dedicated, in the meantime, instead of waiting in line, you can relax in one of the many bars or shopping;
- if you want to see a show, arrive at least half an hour before the start, so you can choose the best places without having to fall back on an awkward position.
Services for the disabled
The disabled at Disney World receive special attention in order to live the best out of their holiday, if you or someone in your family is affected by disability, including those not apparent, you can claim the Disability Access Service (DAS), to use in addition to the Fast Pass, which allows you to book a timed entry to the attractions. This will be delivered to all the guests who have problems to sit for a long time in a row. For guests who are obliged to use a wheelchair, are also provided of the revenue dedicated to the attractions, free of architectural barriers.
In addition to this, the Disney parks, there are other services for people with disabilities as:
- a handheld device that provides audio descriptions;
- a guide for guests with cognitive disabilities who can take in information points or to consult prior to arrival.
How to get to Disney World Orlando
From Italy you can reach theOrlando International Airport, starting from the main airports on the Italian peninsula. Once reached the destination you can rent a car to get around more easily and get to Disney World. Alternatively, you can disembark in Miami and here are available to buses, 3 hours, in Orange county. The park is situated in the south-west of the city and is served by many means, both on water and on land.
Each park has its own dedicated parking, the daily cost is $ 20 and you can move from one to the other as many times as you want. As soon as you’ve stopped your alley you’ll want to keep in mind the sector and the number of parking facilities, as parking areas are very large and you may risk not to find the most for your car when you exit the park. If you prefer not to move your car, you can also take advantage of the links that offers Disney World to move from one park to the other.
Where to sleep? Hotels and resort near Disney World
Stay in the hotel in the park can be more expensive but also has a number of advantages. The first is to never give up the dream-like atmosphere of Disney and be able to stay in rooms with attention to detail with exclusive services, you can also:
- get in the parks an hour and a half before the opening to the public at large, this will give you a great advantage, so you can try the attractions more crowded, without a tail;
- to credit your purchases on the behalf of the chamber and weld them to the departure;
- take advantage of free transportation to and from the airport and to the various parks;
- booking meals in advance.
If you choose to stay in the vicinity of the park, instead, there are a lot of possibilities, from hotels to motels, but also campsites and bungalows. Being especially close to Disney World, moreover, most of these offers shuttle service to the park, from booking to your arrival.
Packages flight and hotel
If you are not expert in the organization or do not know the English language, to go to Disney World, we suggest that you go with atravel agency. If you have, however, a little bit familiar with the internet you can find some low offers on the network that include both the flight and the hotel. The advice is always to arrange your vacation at least a few months before, so as to find the most competitive prices.